- Marching Band
- High School Wind Ensemble
- Honors Jazz Ensemble
- Middle School Band
- Intermediate Jazz Ensemble
- 6th Grade Band
- 5th Grade Beginning Band
- The NRCA instrumental ensembles average seven or more performances a year in our Fine Arts Center. Four large ensembles regularly participated in the regional adjudication. The Marching Knights’ average season includes five or six performances for home football games, three Marching Band Competitions, and at least one Christmas Parade.
- This year’s achievements in competition mark the 10th straight year that the Marching Knights have been awarded a class championship in competition with area public school programs. They have earned nine “Superior” ratings at the Bulldog Bandbash. Class championship awards for the fall 2014 season were received at the Wakefield Heart of Carolina in the A division and the West Johnston Invitational in the AA division where they outscored their AAA competitors. Their crowd pleasing shows have not only pleased the judges but have also earned them a total of 9 People’s Choice awards for best show regardless of class. More exciting is that in 2014 the Marching Knights were once again able to take a distinctly Christian show to competition as a light to our community. It is also worthy to note that, much of the music that the Marching Knights have performed over the last three years has been written or arranged by Belmont composition student and band alumni Natalie Bell (Class of 2012).
- The concert and jazz ensembles at NRCA have participated in venues expected of exemplary band programs. In March 2010 and again in 2012, the High School Wind Ensemble participated in an NAfME endorsed Music Performing workshop at Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL and coupled these opportunities with concerts in Downtown Disney. Our high school band members have again been selected to return to Disney in March 2015.
- Individuals and ensembles of NRCA jazz and concert bands have done well in competitive and adjudicated opportunities for ACSI, NCCSA and NCBDA/NAfME. Since 2008, NRCA Concert and Jazz ensembles have earned 25 Superior ratings as participants in the Southeast Regional ACSI Fine Arts Festival with numerous solo and ensemble successes as well the regional level. Since 2010, NRCA has had the highest or been among the highest in number of students to participate in the North Carolina Christian School Association’s All-State auditioned bands. Combined, NRCA middle school and high school band members held eight principle chairs in 2012, and ten principle chairs in 2013 for the NCCSA auditioned ensembles. With results just in, 43 NRCA students have earned auditioned spots in the upcoming 2014 All-State bands. Over the years, NRCA has not only been one of the few private school programs to participate but also one of the most well represented for North Carolina Bandmasters Association district and state honor band events.
- Numerous band alumni have gone on to major in music and participate in collegiate programs often with significant scholarships. Alumni have represented our program well at the Manhattan School of Music, Belmont University, Appalachian State, NC State, UNCG, ECU and LU while often serving as section leaders and principal chairs. Samuel Sparrow (NRCA class of 2013) has been a featured soloist for 2014 United Nations International Youth Orchestra and the 2013 National Youth Orchestra of the United States of America. Among other achievements and honors, Samuel has also been recently added to the substitute musicians list for the NC symphony.